Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rental Policies
No Cancellation or Reschedule without the Vacay Stay Guarantee (VSG)
The VSG gives your reservation a cancellation policy. Without the VSG you will have a zero cancellation policy and zero reschedule policy. Should you have to cancel your reservation at any point, for any reason, you will lose what you’ve paid up to that point. No exceptions, since the cancellation policy is offered at booking. By not purchasing the VSG, you will accept that you forfeit all monies paid if you have to cancel your reservation.
The Vacay Stay Guarantee allows for:
- A 15 day cancellation policy for 1-3 bedroom properties.
- A 30 day cancellation policy on 4+ bedroom properties.
For cancellations made outside of the 30 or 15 days, Auntie Belham’s refunds the entire amount of your payments made minus the cost of the VSG (which is only 7% of the nightly rate + tax).
For cancellations made inside of 30 or 15 day time frame, when the cancellation policy has expired, you will be allowed to reschedule your stay in that same property within 6 months, but no monies will be refunded. After the 6 months all monies are forfeited.
Without the Vacay Stay Guarantee, absolutely no refunds.
If you are given a 6 month reschedule, you will be allowed to repurchase the Vacay Stay Guarantee for your rescheduled reservation one more time, at the time of booking, but this does not allow you to a refund at any point. This only offers you the ability to reschedule your reservation for another 6 months. If at any point you cancel the reschedule that you’ve re-purchased the VSG for, you WILL NOT be refunded. You will simply be offered another 6 month reschedule that begins on the date of cancellation. No Vacay Stay Guarantee will be offered or available to you for your second reschedule. Therefore, the second reschedule will expire after 6 months if left unreserved, and all monies will be forfeited.
All reschedules are required to re-book the same rental property. No downgrades will be accepted. Once the cancellation period has passed, reschedules are made available to you with the express purpose of allowing the homeowners to retain the cost of the booking. The homeowners held up their end of the deal by reserving the cabin for you, for your specific dates, therefore not allowing it to be booked by others on those dates. This is why reschedules are a fair compromise- you are allowed to stay in the cabin during a date that fits your schedule and the homeowner doesn’t lose your booking.
For cancellations outside of the 30 or 15 period, Auntie Belham’s retains the cost of the Vacay Stay Guarantee.
Without the Vacay Stay Guarantee, absolutely no refunds.
Absolutely no refunds for early departures for any reason including but not limited to weather, road conditions and emergencies. We are not responsible for such occurrences and cannot not be held responsible for them.
Check-in / Check-out
Check-In time begins at 4:00 pm Eastern Standard time. Every effort will be made to have your unit ready but at times there may be a slight delay and your patience is greatly appreciated. If you arrive before our 4pm check-in time and your unit has been serviced and is ready for your arrival you may be able to check-in as early as 12 pm. NO early check-ins are guaranteed.
There are no refunds or adjustments made after check-in.
Check-out is promptly at 11am at the office, NO EXCEPTIONS! There is a charge of $25 for each hour that you are late, larger units will be charged $50 for each hour late. No prorating.
Please call the office for after-hours check-in arrangements. Guest assume all risk for “late arrival”.
Late arrivals can only be allowed for guests with signed rental agreements received by our office prior to your arrival date. Late arrivals should be avoided if possible.
The person the unit is registered to must be the person to check-in unless previous arrangements are made. Codes will only be given to the registered guest once the balance is paid in full.
We offer a two-hour guarantee from the time you arrive at your cabin that allows you to inspect your rental unit to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. If you find any conditions you need to report as unsatisfactory or damaged, please do so at that time. If the cabin is not as you expected or you are unhappy, we will try to move you to another property that is equal to or better or try to reach a reasonable compromise to both parties. This does not mean you will receive an automatic full refund. After the first two hours, it is assumed that you have accepted the accommodations as satisfactory and there will be no refunds or adjustments to your bill for any reason. Any issues that arise during your stay do not fall within this guarantee and should be reported immediately to the office for resolution. Initial:______________
Rates & Seasons
- Auntie Belham’s Hours are 9am to 9pm; Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Two-night standard minimum required. We require a 3 to 5 night minimum on October, holidays and special event dates. Call for holiday, October and special event rates.
- Rates and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Taxes and cleaning fee are not included in the nightly rate,
- Additional Guest: Additional persons may be accommodated up to the unit capacity but must be registered at time of check-in. Due to local fire codes, number of guests cannot exceed maximum number the house will sleep.
Reservations & Payments
1 Nights rental plus the cost of the Vacay Stay Guarantee (if purchased) is required at the time of booking for all reservations. Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. The remaining balance due will be charged to the card on file two weeks prior to the arrival date. If upon charging your card for the balance and the card declines, we will notify you immediately for resolution. If we do not hear back from you within 48 hours, the reservation will be cancelled. If you want to have it charged to a different card, you must make arrangements prior to two weeks of your arrival date. If you want to pay balance with a check, the check will need to be received 30 days prior to the arrival date. We only accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover unless arrangements are made in advance.
If no credit card is used, a cash security deposit of will be required. Please call the office for additional details. Security deposit is refunded by mail within 30 days of departure depending on condition of unit.
Multiple payments are permitted by credit card, cash, cashiers checks or money orders. Personal checks accepted only if 30 business days prior to arrival date.
Reservations that require changes that are in accordance with the cancellation policy are subject to a $25.00 service charge for each change made.
In order to prevent any type of credit card fraud our company has the following policy: Credit card holder MUST be present when checking in and provide the following: valid driver’s license or state issued ID along with the credit card the reservation was made with. If the credit card holder (age 21 or 25 depending) is not going to be occupying the unit, but is paying for the reservation for someone else, the card holder MUST notify our office prior to confirming the reservation and provide the following documentation (not limited to): Faxed or E-Mailed copies of the credit card (front & back), faxed or e-mailed copies of the driver’s license of the cardholder and signed Auntie Belham’s reservation document(s.) Credit card holder assumes all financial responsibility for any damages/issues that occur during guest’s stay.
Codes for locks/lock boxes will be issued upon check-in. There is a $50 charge for each set of keys lost or not returned. After hours, if you are locked out of your unit there will be a $50.00 charge for someone to return to the office to issue another set of keys. (Payment due before key is released.)
Internet Usage Agreements
If your rental property offers Limited Data Wifi, you agree to the internet usage policies stated below.
Do not stream, download or upload any files or data. Some examples, not limited to, are listed here:
- No streaming, downloading or uploading of data such as music, music videos, movies, tv shows, games, YouTube videos, etc.
- Examples: No online gaming, no Spotify, no Pandora, no Netflix, no Hulu, no YouTube, no Skype, no FaceTime, no app downloads.
Again, these are only examples of what you are not allowed to do on a limited data internet account. If you are unsure if your desired internet activities go against these policies, please call us so that we can help you.
Standard usage should not consume more than .48 gig per day. This will be fine for checking emails and social media pages, general Googling and web surfing. Abuse of our data policies can cause data to run out for the month, penalizing data usage for the next guests and taking away an important amenity that was likely a factor in their booking. We monitor billing and hourly usage reports, so excessive usage will be charged back to the guests who abuse these policies.
By signing below, you are consenting to the charge of $20.00 per gig abused. Charge will not be made prior to the attempt to make contact with you. Management does reserve the right to charge guest after 48 hours of no callback from guest. We will be happy to supply a copy of the data usage for days of your stay upon request.
Lost & Found / Damages
- We are not responsible for personal items brought with you or left after your departure.
- Items reported by guest after departure will be shipped to you COD if missing item was found. After 30 days of departure, items will be released from our office.
- Guest(s) shall be responsible for any property damage, accident, death, injury to any person, or loss sustained by any person, including loss of money, jewelry and other items or personal property, arising out of or in any way related to the Guest’s use of the premises.
According to the ADA, a Service Animal is defined as any dog or mini-horse individually trained to work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including, but not limited to, guiding individuals with impaired vision, alerting individuals to an impending seizure or protecting individuals during one, and alerting individuals who are hearing impaired to intruders, or pulling a wheelchair and fetching dropped items. Under the ADA, Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) or “comfort animals” (whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support) are no longer considered service animals.
A person with a disability uses a service animal as an auxiliary aid. In compliance with the ADA, service animals are welcome on all Auntie Belham’s property and individual rental properties.
Auntie Belham’s guests that require a Service Animal for a disability must register the service animal with our reservations department prior to your visit just as you would with any other guest in your group.
Requirements of Service Animals and their owners include:
- All animals need to be immunized against rabies and other diseases common to that type of animal. All vaccinations must be current.
- Animals must be in good health.
- The owner must be in full control of the animal at all times. The care and supervision of the animal is solely the responsibility of the owner/partner.
- The owner/partner must provide Auntie Belham’s with the following information upon registration:
- Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability
- What work or task the dog has been trained to perform
- What kind of animal is your Emotional Support Animal
If you want to bring an Emotional Support Animal to the cabin with you, we will waive the Pet Fee if you stay in one of our Pet Friendly Units. If you bring do not stay in a Pet Friendly cabin, we reserve the right to charge the Pet Fee for your Emotional Support Animal. We do our best to save you from paying the Pet Fee for your ESA, which is why we offer Pet Friendly units. But if you do not stay in one of our Pet Friendly units, you will be charged the standard pet fee of $75 + tax per pet.
Reasonable behavior is expected from Service Animals and ESAs while on Auntie Belham’s property and individual rental homes. Auntie Belham’s reserves the right to charge its customers if a Service Animal or ESA causes damage or cleaning complications, as it is our regular practice to charge all customers for the same types of damages. Example: Auntie Belham’s can charge a guest with a Service Animal for the cost of repairing or cleaning items damaged by the service animal, just as we would charge other guests that cause damage during their reservation. The owners of disruptive and aggressive service animals and ESAs may be asked to remove them from Auntie Belham’s facilities.
Cleanliness of the service animal is mandatory. Consideration of others must be taken into account when providing maintenance and hygiene of service animals. The owner/partner is expected to clean and dispose of all animal waste.
Hot Tubs, Jacuzzis, Saunas & Pools
Remember there are certain health risks associated with the use of hot tubs, Jacuzzis, saunas and/or swimming pools. Hot Tubs are cleaned and chemically sanitized prior to each guest arrival. Please leave the bromine floater in the hot tub at all times. If your hot tub needs cleaned mid-stay, we will dump, clean and fill it for $50. There are health risks associated with the use of hot tubs- use with discretion and at your own responsibility. Please shower before using hot tub as some body lotions and products mixed with the hot tub chemicals can cause a rash on your skin as well as damage jewelry. Auntie Belhams assumes no responsibility for any occurrences associated with hot tub usage.
Hot tub covers are to be kept on hot tubs at all times unless hot tub is being used.
DO NOT SIT, STAND ON OR MISTREAT any hot tub cover, it will not support any persons weight. A $400 charge will result in any damages done to hot tub covers. Consult a physician if you have questions or concerns before the use of a hot tub, Jacuzzi, sauna and/or pool.
Certain units have swimming pool access during summer months. A pool pass is required for entrance into swimming pools. Make sure you have your pool pass before leaving the office. Pool locations vary.
You may call the office during regular business hours with any questions you may have concerning your hot tub. Certain swim wear may discolor using hot tubs and swimming pools. Guest takes full responsibility.
Gas for fireplaces is provided in winter months only (October 1- March 31). Firewood is not provided but may be purchased locally.
- Matches, kindling and/or fire starter logs are not provided but can be purchased at most local markets.
- Wood burning fireplaces produce smoke, which cannot be prevented. If you reserve a unit with a wood burning fireplace, we will not move you because of a smoke smell. If you are allergic to smoke, please do not reserve a unit with a wood burning fireplace.
Driving & Weather Conditions
- Snow tire chains and/or 4-wheel drive vehicles are required during winter months in the event of inclement weather.
- Sorry, we cannot provide transportation and tow service.
- No refunds will be given due to weather conditions or power outages.Auntie Belhams is not responsible for the weather or the local power grid and cannot be held financially accountable for it.
- We recommend the purchase of travel insurance which can help protect your investment in the case of inclement weather.
- We do not guarantee any road surface condition. Most roads in our area are well maintained but a few may be curvy and/or steep due to being located in the Smoky Mountains.
- Some units may have gravel drives and roads. No changes or refunds given due to fear of heights or roads.
- For local road conditions, please call: State Highway Department 865-594-5800 or Local 436-5181.
Hold Harmless Agreement
The guest(s) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals’s, Inc. from any and all claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any wany related the the guest(s) use of the premises or the items of personal property provided therein. All guests assume the risk of injury, death or other losses related to any recreational activities or use of the premises and will hold the owner and its agents harmless with respect thereto. You agree to hold the cabin owner and Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals, Inc. FREE AND CLEAR of any liability or compensation for damage to self or property, resulting from accident, injury, death or loss of enjoyment resulting from weather or inoperable appliances, amenities, and/or equipment(including hot tub, Jacuzzi, internet access, BBQ Grills, electronic games, water, heat and air, i.e)
Housekeeping & Linens
- Units are cleaned upon your departure. This includes hot tub.
- There is NO daily maid service.
- If your hot tub needs cleaned mid-reservation, we will dump-clean-fill it for you for a $50 fee.
- Bed linens and towels are furnished at all units. We provide 2 towels and 1 washcloths per person. Dirty towels may be returned to the office and exchanged for clean towels during normal business hours. Most units have a washer and dryer, detergent is not provided. If a guest plans to use the Hot Tub or available pools, Auntie Belham’s recommends that the guest bring personal towels to be used in those instances.
- A starter supply of paper towels, toilet tissue and trash bags are provided.
- Since each unit is individually owned, all owners do not provide blankets and pillows for sleeper sofas and extras are not kept at the office. We suggest guest bring pillows and blankets if they will be using the sleeper sofa.
- Guest are responsible for cost of damaged or missing towels and linens. (Make-up stains, grease, wine stains, car clean up, etc.)
- Cleaning fee is based on number of bedrooms and ranges from $55-$255 per reservation plus tax.
- Before you leave, please leave the kitchen clean, wash all the dishes you used, take the trash out and lock all doors and windows.
Each unit is professionally treated by a licensed pest control service for critters and bugs on a regular basis. However, it is the mountains and occasionally critters do make their way inside. No refunds given in these instances.
Guests may occasionally encounter small amounts of lady bugs, flies, bees and etc.
- Pet Friendly Units are available. Only certain units allow pets. Please see “Pet Policies” above for more information.
- SMOKING INSIDE CABIN IS FORBIDDEN. We will charge or pursue a $250 fee if you’ve smoked inside, or if you’ve smoked outside but allowed a smoke smell to get inside the cabin. If you smoke on the decks and patios, be sure to have all windows and doors closed so smoke does not get inside. DO NOT litter the cigarette butts, be good to the nature that you came to the Smokies Mountains for.
- Accidental Damage Waiver: ALL reservations made will incur a mandatory, non-refundable fee of $32.50 for 1-3 Bedrooms properties, $49 for a 4 bedroom property, $59 for a 5 bedroom property, $69 for a 6 bedroom property, $79 for a 7 bedroom property, $89 for an 8 bedroom property and $99 for a 9 bedroom property plus taxes in lieu of a $500 cash deposit for smaller properties and $750 for larger properties.
- No house parties, receptions and/or meetings allowed at properties. Unit must be registered to and occupied by someone of at least 21 years of age with a valid credit card and ID.
- Furniture is not to be moved at the property, if it is found that furniture is moved, the guest assumes a charge for moving the furniture back and assumes financial responsibilities for any damages incurred when they moved the furniture.
- Each unit is privately owned and are decorated / furnished to suit the owner’s tastes and needs. Do not assume or take for granted that a unit has all of the amenities you require. Amenities are subject to change by each property owner without notice.
- On rare occasions, cabins/chalets are sold or become unavailable. Under these, and similar circumstances, reservations may be moved to a similar property.
- By signing our rental agreement, you understand and accept that your credit card on file will be charged accordingly for violating any of the policies/rules/terms written above.
- Gift certificates available!
Management reserves all rights.
Monday – Friday
9am – 9pm (EST)
Saturday & Sunday
9am – 9pm (EST)
Reservation Phone Lines are open until 9:00 pm.
Closed: Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.