When you pack for your vacation in Tennessee’s Smoky Mountains, be sure to save some room in your trunk for souvenirs! The Smokies are full of wonderful shops that offer handmade crafts, specialty food products, and many other items that you will definitely want to take home with you. To help you make the most of your next getaway, Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals has put together a guide to finding the best Smoky Mountain souvenirs.
Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community
Located in Gatlinburg, the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community is the largest group of independent artisans in the United States. This 8-mile loop road off of the East Parkway is filled with shops, studios, and galleries that showcase the work of local artists and craftspeople. Visitors to the Arts & Crafts Community will find an enormous variety of handmade souvenirs, including pottery, paintings, photography, candles, baskets, jewelry, wood carvings, and so much more.
The Arts & Crafts Community has been a can’t-miss shopping spot in the Smokies for over 80 years. Here are a few of the popular shops to visit in the community:
- Alewine Pottery
- Proffitt’s Woodworks
- Santa’s Claus-et
- Village Candles
- The Rose Pedaler
- Paul Murray Gallery
The Old Mill Square is another one of the best places to find Smoky Mountain souvenirs. This famous shopping area is built around The Old Mill, a historic grist mill in Pigeon Forge that was constructed in 1830. Highlights of The Old Mill Square include:
- The Old Mill General Store: an old-fashioned shop that sells freshly ground flour and grits from The Old Mill along with dips, mixes, jams, jellies, toys, novelty items, and memorabilia from the Smoky Mountains.
- Iron Mountain Metal Craft Shop: a blacksmith shop where you can forge your own souvenir knife with the help of a master blacksmith.
- Pigeon River Pottery: a beloved pottery shop that sells handmade bowls, plates, and other serving pieces along with beautiful sculptures.
- Smoky Mountain Cat House: a quirky shop located a block away from The Old Mill that is devoted to cat-themed jewelry, clocks, bags, art, and many other items.
The Apple Barn Village
The Apple Barn Village is a fantastic shopping destination located on an apple orchard in the Smokies. All of the shops in this complex sell items made from the orchard’s freshly picked apples. Here are a few places you’ll want to visit in the Village:
- The Apple Barn General Store: a three-level building that sells apple butter, apple jelly, apple syrup, apple fritter mix, and many other specialty food items.
- The Apple Barn Winery: a great winery that specializes in wines made from apples and other fruits.
- The Candy Apple and Chocolate Factory: a fun sweet shop where you can pick up caramel apples, candied apples, fudge, chocolates, and other treats.
When you stay with Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals, you will be near all of the best places to buy Smoky Mountain souvenirs. Our cabins come with your choice of awesome amenities, including mountain views, hot tubs, game rooms, swimming pool access, and wireless internet. With everything from 1 bedroom cabins to 9 bedroom cabins, we are sure to have the perfect property for your escape. To start planning your vacation, browse our selection of cabins in the Smoky Mountains!