It’s hard to believe that it’s almost time to wave goodbye to 2018. It seems like only yesterday we were crossing off our New Year’s resolutions and celebrating the end of 2017. However, it is not the time to sit back and wonder where the past has gone. Instead, it is time to look forward to all the many exciting ways that you and your family can celebrate the coming of a new year in the Smoky Mountains.
For a list of our favorite places to experience a Smoky Mountains New Year’s Eve, read below!
In Downtown Gatlinburg
The New Year’s Eve ball drop and fireworks show in downtown Gatlinburg has been a long-time favorite for both visitors and locals in the area. In fact, downtown Gatlinburg has helped families ring in the new year for nearly three decades with this special event.
If you have never been to the New Year’s Eve celebration in downtown Gatlinburg, you are in for a real treat. There is a live DJ and a ton of party favors that really set the tone of excitement. Not to mention, the fireworks show is specially choreographed to music to make this a truly thrilling event.
At Blaine’s Grill & Bar
If you don’t feel like standing outside for the festivities of New Year’s Eve in downtown Gatlinburg, consider stopping in at Blaine’s Grill & Bar.
One of the most iconic restaurants in Gatlinburg, Blaine’s Grill & Bar, is by far one of the most entertaining venues that guests can celebrate New Year’s Eve in the Smoky Mountains. With a talented DJ, great drink and food specials and a patio that overlooks the Gatlinburg Space Needle, guests here will not be disappointed.
Along with the fireworks display, guests to the New Year’s Eve celebration at The Island in Pigeon Forge will enjoy live musical entertainment from country music star Jackie Lee. Not to mention, there will also be special kid-friendly activities and a New Year’s Eve countdown!
All of the fun will start at 8 p.m.
At a Pigeon Forge Show
It’s no secret that there are a ton of exciting shows in Pigeon Forge that families can enjoy during their visit. That being said, New Year’s Eve won’t be any different. In fact, there are even a few shows in the area that will have a special New Year’s Eve themed show for guests to enjoy. These theaters include:
- Country Tonite Theatre in Pigeon Forge
- Join the cast of the most-popular show in the Smoky Mountains as they ring in the new year with a festive ball drop and sparkling toast. Following the show, guests will have a chance to mingle with their favorite cast members as they countdown to 2019.
- Show begins at 9:45 p.m.
- Tickets can be purchased at https://www.countrytonitepf.com/buy-country-tonite-tickets/
- Memories Theatre Elvis & Friends
- The Memories Theatre is best known for bringing iconic musicians from yesterday back to life with their band of talented performers and singers. This New Year’s Eve the cast is going even bigger and better than ever with an exclusive holiday-themed show.
- For more information, check out the Pigeon Forge theater’s website at http://www.memoriestheatre.com/.
- Show begins at 9 p.m.
- For tickets, call 865-428-7852.
In a Smoky Mountain Cabin
Last, but definitely not least, one of the best places you and your family can celebrate New Year’s Eve in the Smoky Mountains is inside one of the spacious Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg cabin rentals. Not only do these cabins offer everything you need to a festive holiday celebration, but they also will give you a peaceful place to retreat to after a fun-filled day exploring the Smokies.
For more information on our cabin rentals or any of the other New Year’s Eve venues we mentioned, feel free to contact us today! One of our reservation specialists will be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have.